Privacy & Cookie Information
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.regenttailoring.co.uk.
REGENT TAILORING LTD is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
If you need to email us about anything related to this privacy notice, you can email us at [email protected] or you can write to us at 73 New Street, Salisbury, SP1 2PH.
If any of your personal information changes (e.g. if you have changed your email address, moved house or maybe changed your name because you have got married - in which case, congratulations!), please email us at the above email address and let us know how it has changed. From time to time we may email you to check that the personal data we hold for you is accurate and up to date.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following data about you:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Your business name (where applicable)
- Your financial details
- Any personal data that you may post on our website
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
- Your marketing and communication preferences
- Any other information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form, over the phone, by email or otherwise, such as when entering a competition or completing a survey
- Photographs of you at events
- CV and application forms
- Credit information from third parties
3. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DATA
We will use your data in order to:
- Process financial transactions to enable you to purchase our goods, products or services
- Send you customer communications about enhancements to products or services that you have bought
- Enable us to perform a contract with you and process orders, respond to enquiries related to the order and deal with complaints
- Reply to any enquiries you make about our products or services
- Send you marketing communications where we are allowed by law to do so
- Personalise your experience on our websites
- Monitor the use of our website and online services
- Ask you to complete surveys or invite you to enter into competitions or prize draws
- Keep records of orders placed and communications in relation to such orders
- Keep records of communication
- Analyse your use of our website and other online services
- Administer and protect our business and website
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
- Understand the effectiveness of our advertising
- Carry out credit checks
- Bring legal claims against you if you breach a contract or fail to make payment (though we know that you won’t, of course!)
- Comply with any legal obligations we are subject to or as required by a government authority
- Obtain or maintain insurance policies
- Manage our business
- Obtain professional advice
4. OUR LAWFUL GROUND OF PROCESSING
Under the General Data Protection Data Regulations (GDPR), We are only legally able to process your personal data if we have lawful grounds for doing so.
Our lawful grounds of processing are:
- In relation to Customer Data that we have obtained in relation to you placing an order with us that we hold for the purpose of fulfilling that contract, informing you about updates to the product or service and keeping records of the contract, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are subject and for our legitimate interests in informing you about updates to the product or service, record keeping and to establish, pursue or defend legal claim as responsible business operations.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you enquired about our products or services (whether that be through our website or otherwise) and that we process in order to reply to your enquiry and keep records of this, the processing necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract and for our legitimate interests in record keeping and to establish, pursue or defend legal claim.
- In relation to Prospect Data that we have obtained when you sign up for any of our free resources and that We process in order to send you those free resources, reply to your communications about the resources and to keep relevant records, you have given consent to the processing for the purposes of us sending you the free resource and it is in our legitimate interests to reply to your communications and to keep records for our business.
- In relation to Marketing Data that we have obtained when you told us your marketing preferences, when you consented to us sending you details of our products and services, for the purposes of us sending you marketing communications, enabling you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising, the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers and users use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- In relation to User Data that we have obtained through cookies on our website or other online services for the purposes of operating our website, ensuring relevant content is provided to you, ensuring the security of our website, maintaining back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business, the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- In relation to Technical Data (that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website), we process this data to analyse your use of our website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- In relation to your data that we process in order to comply with legal requirements or as required by a government authority, the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- In relation to keeping records, this processing is either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to or for our legitimate interests in responsible business operations or defending, pursuing or establishing a legal claim.
- In relation to obtaining professional advice and insurance, this processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in order to protect and grow our business.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive Data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic or biometric data.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, fraud detection agencies and data brokers and aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may only send you email or text marketing communications if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communication since.
Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages any time by emailing us at [email protected]. We also have an unsubscribe button at the bottom of all our emails.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty regulations etc.
7. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities or otherwise disclose your personal data
- Market researchers and fraud prevention agencies
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered ,disclosed or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct duration is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at [email protected].
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful of you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Further information about cookies
To find out more about cookies, how they work and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.